As an avid Instagram user, you’ve likely liked thousands of posts over the years. But unless you’ve saved a post, those likes seem to disappear into the Instagram ether, never to be seen again. If you’re nostalgic for the memes, sunsets, and #foodporn you’ve hearted in the past, you’ll be happy to know Instagram provides a simple way to view all the posts you’ve liked.
In just a few taps, you can scroll through the memories and likes of Instagram’s past. Whether you want to find that hilarious video from last month or see the first photo you liked back in 2012, your Instagram likes are not gone forever.
Here’s how you can access your liked posts on Instagram and take a stroll down memory lane in 2023.
Why You May Want to See Your Liked Posts
As an avid Instagram user, you may find value in being able to view posts you have liked in the past. There are a few reasons why accessing your liked posts can be useful:
First, liked posts serve as a record of content you have found interesting or engaging. Being able to revisit these posts allows you to rediscover content you may have forgotten about or find new meaning in.
Your likes also reflect your tastes and interests at a given point in time, so looking through old likes can provide an interesting glimpse into how your preferences have evolved.
Second, some of the accounts you follow or posts you have liked in the past may no longer be available for various reasons. Accessing your liked posts gives you an opportunity to view this otherwise unavailable content again.
The posts themselves or the accounts that published them may have been removed or deleted from Instagram, but your likes provide a lasting capture of that moment.
Finally, your liked posts demonstrate the diversity of accounts, topics, and content you engage with on Instagram. Scrolling through pages of likes, you may notice themes across different types of content that resonate most with you.
These insights can help strengthen your understanding of the kinds of accounts and subjects you prefer following.
In summary, accessing your liked posts on Instagram yields both practical and personal benefits. Your likes serve as a visual catalog of content you have appreciated and accounts you enjoy following.
Exploring this catalog provides an opportunity for rediscovery, remembrance, and gaining new self-knowledge about your interests and tastes.
With a tool to view your liked posts, you open up a window into your Instagram experience that offers value beyond each individual like.
How to View Your Liked Posts on Instagram’s Website
To view your liked posts on Instagram’s website, follow these steps:
- Log in to Instagram’s website on your desktop or mobile browser and go to your profile page. At the top of the page, you’ll see the option to view your “saved” posts. Select this option.
- Your saved posts page will open, displaying all of the posts you have saved by liking them. These posts are organized chronologically, with the most recently liked posts at the top.
- You can scroll through all of the posts you have liked. Each post will show the photo or video, caption, number of likes, and date posted. The posts you have liked will have a heart icon to indicate you liked that post.
- If you want to unlike a post, simply click the heart icon to remove your like. The post will then disappear from your saved posts page.
- You can also use the search feature at the top of the page to search for specific liked posts by keyword or hashtag. This is helpful if you want to find a post you liked in the past but don’t remember the details or date.
- Your liked posts will remain visible on your saved posts page indefinitely unless you unlike them or the user who posted it deletes their account. Liked posts are private and only visible to you. Other Instagram users cannot see what posts you have liked.
In summary, Instagram makes it easy to view a history of all the posts you have liked and saved over time. By frequently checking your saved posts page, you can revisit favorite memories or rediscover posts you enjoyed in the past. Letting Instagram know what you like by liking and saving posts also helps to improve your feed and show you more of the content you care about.
Using a Third-Party App to View Your Liked Posts
Using a third-party Instagram app is an easy way to see all the posts you’ve liked in one place. Numerous apps have been developed for this purpose and many are free to use.
Here are the basic steps to view your liked posts on Instagram with a third-party app:
1. Download an Instagram Liked Post Viewer App
Search your mobile app store for an “Instagram liked post” viewer or “Instagram liked post” tracker. Some highly-rated free options include:
- LikeTracker for Instagram – View your liked posts
- Like Gallery for Instagram – See All Your Liked Posts
- Likes – View Liked Posts on Instagram
Download and install the app of your choice on your mobile device.
2. Sign in to the App Using Your Instagram Credentials
When you first open the app, you will be prompted to sign in with your Instagram username and password. This allows the app to access your Instagram data and liked posts.
3. View, Search, and Manage Your Liked Posts
Once signed in, you will see all of the posts you have liked on Instagram. The posts typically appear in reverse chronological order from most recently liked to oldest liked. Some key features of these apps include:
- Browse all of your liked posts, photos, videos, comments, and stories in one place.
- Search for specific liked posts by username, hashtag, location, or date.
- Unlike posts directly in the app.
- Get notifications when accounts you follow post new likes.
- View like statistics and see which types of posts you engage with the most.
Using a third-party Instagram liked post viewer app provides an archive of your Instagram likes that is easy to access and manage whenever you want. No more scrolling endlessly through Instagram to find that post you liked a month ago!
Viewing Liked Posts on Instagram’s Mobile App
To view the posts you’ve liked on Instagram’s mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom right of your screen to open your profile.
- Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right of your profile screen.
- Tap “Your Activity” from the menu. This will show you a list of your recent activity on Instagram including comments, follows, and likes.
- Tap “Likes” at the top of the screen. This will show you a chronological list of all the posts you’ve liked on Instagram. You may have to scroll down to view older liked posts.
- To unlike a post, simply tap the heart icon below the photo. This will remove it from your list of liked posts. If you change your mind, you can tap the heart icon again to re-like the post.
- You can also tap any post in your Likes list to view the photo or video and see any new comments. However, you cannot add new likes or comments directly from your Likes list. You must open the actual post to interact with it.
- To exit the Likes list and return to your profile or feed, tap the back arrow at the top left of your screen.
Using the Instagram mobile app is currently the only way to see a list of posts you’ve liked. Instagram does not provide this feature on its website or desktop platform at this time.
The ability to view your Likes is meant to give users an easy way to rediscover and keep up with posts they’ve enjoyed and connected with in the past.
In closing, you now have the tools and knowledge to view your liked posts on Instagram. Instagram is constantly evolving, but your likes and interests on the platform remain an important part of your experience.
Trends: Check Now
Being able to revisit posts you’ve enjoyed and found valuable in the past allows you to reconnect with your interests and rediscover accounts or hashtags you may have forgotten about.
As Instagram releases more changes and updates in 2023 and beyond, refer back to these steps to ensure you can still access your liked posts and all the memories and inspiration they contain.
Staying on top of new Instagram features and changes will help you get the most out of the platform.